As the village - and Sam Pearson in parti
cular - prepare for the Harvest Supper, Kathy Gimbel is making plans of a much different kind. Sam's old friend Hunter Bell is unsure of exactly how old he is and wants to join the Over 70s club. Sam tells him that Rev Ruskin could not find his birth record in the church registers and tells Hunter that if he had been born in Beckindale it would be in the church records. Hunter asks Sam if Charlie Nelson would want to join the Over 70s. Sam says no but Hunter says he may be persuaded. Kathy Gimbel wants to rent the flat above the shop. Henry Wilks says it is being used as a storeroom. He will get back to her. Joe Sugden returns the bracelet to Kathy. She says she is staying in Beckindale as it is her home.
- Annie Sugden - Sheila Mercier
- Joe Sugden - Frazer Hines
- Matt Skilbeck - Frederick Pyne
- Sam Pearson - Toke Townley
- Henry Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Amos Brearly - Ronald Magill
- James Bonfils - Tom Browne
- Kathy Gimbel - Polly Hemingway
- Jim Gimbel - John Atkinson
- Freda Gimbel - Mary Henry
Previous Episode Episode 214 (26th November 1974)
Next Episode Episode 216 (3rd December 1974)
First appearance of Freda Gimbel.